Suspension, Termination, Withdrawal and Annulment of Certification
This policy defines how The System certification limited (SCL) certifications are maintained, suspended, terminated and annulled
2.1 SCL certification is maintained through surveillance audits, recertification audits and special audits.
2.2 Special audits are carried out to respond to changes to the certified system/product or to investigate complaints against a certified system/product. Special audits may also be undertaken in response to an application for modification of scope of a certification already granted. They may be conducted in conjunction with a planned surveillance audit.
3.1 The certification shall be suspended if any of the following cases apply:
- When a client’s certified system/product has persistently or seriously failed to meet certification requirements, including requirements for the effectiveness of the system/product;
- The certified client does not allow surveillance or recertification audits to be conducted at the required frequencies;
- The certified client has voluntarily requested a suspension.
3.2 During suspension of certification, the certificate/licence holder ceases the right to use the certificate/licence.
3.3. The certification shall be restored when the issue that resulted in the suspension is resolved.
4.1. The scope of certification shall be reduced to exclude the parts not meeting the requirements, when the certified client has persistently or seriously failed to meet the certification requirements. The client may also request for reduction of scope due to changes in the organization.
4.2. The decision to reduce the scope shall be made following a surveillance, recertification or special audit.
4.3. The decision to reduce the scope shall be communicated to the client in writing. SCL shall withdraw the certification documents for the original certification and issue new documents for the reduced scope.
5. WITHDRAWAL/TERMINATION OF CERTIFICATION
5.1. The suspension does not generally exceed six (6) months. If the certificate/licence holder does not take the corrective actions or fails to resolve the issues within the stipulated time, depending on the non-conformity/issue, its scope shall be reduced, or certificate/licence withdrawn/cancelled.
5.2. SCL is entitled to terminate or withdraw the certification/licence after giving written notice of intent if:
- The suspension period of the certificate/licence has expired
- The client continues to use the certificate/licence for promotion following the suspension of the certificate/licence
- The client fails to pay agreed fees
- The client uses the certification in a such a way as to undermine the reputation of SCL
- The client terminates the contractual relationship with SCL
5.3. If the certification period has ended and the client has not renewed, the certification is automatically terminated.
SCL is entitled to annul certificates or retroactively declare them invalid, if:
- the client has compromised the certification procedure so that the objectivity, impartiality or independence of the assessment results are in question
- it subsequently turns out that the preconditions required for issuance of the certificate/licence had not in fact been fulfilled.